For better security management, all devices where you run the Splashtop Splashtop app and log in with your Splashtop Account now need to be authenticated via email.
This is needed only when you use a new device for the first time.
When you log in to a new device/browser for the first time, we will email you an authentication link. You will need to click on the link before you can log in successfully and start using the Splashtop Personal app or the Splashtop web console on that device. (Wait 5 minutes to try a login to get another email sent out)
- After the authentication, the device is saved as a "trusted device", so you will not need to authenticate again. To remove the "trust", login to my.splashtop.com, click on Devices and click the "X" on devices to remove from the list.
- Device authentication is disabled if you've enabled Two-step Verification (which provides even greater security).
- If you do not see an email from Splashtop, please check your spam/junk email folder. (allow emails from: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you no longer have access to the email address you used as the Splashtop ID, please change your Splashtop ID to a new email address and try to log in again. The authentication email will be sent to your new email address.
- Changing your Splashtop ID will clear all previously authenticated devices.