Apple released macOS 10.15 Catalina on October 7, 2019. This new release has stricter security requirements that require explicit permission to allow applications to have control.
For Mac Streamer v220.127.116.11, these are the additional accessibility settings that are required to be set to allow the Splashtop software to provide remote access:
Four options under System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy need to be checked for a remote session to work normally.
- Accessibility (affects control) – The option is available on macOS 10.14 Mojave and needs to be checked to enable remote control. This is the same with 10.15. For OS upgrade cases, if you already have the option checked on 10.14 , you don’t need to configure it again on 10.15. For new streamer installs on 10.15, this setting needs to be checked so remote control is enabled.
- Screen Recording (affects remote connection) – The option is not available on macOS 10.14 Mojave. Now, it needs to be checked to establish a remote session on 10.15. If not, you will not be able to establish a remote session and there will be a popup on the streamer computer (you CANNOT configure this remotely):
- Microphone (affects sound stream) – The option is available on macOS 10.14 Mojave and needs to be checked to stream sound over remote connection. This is the same on 10.15. However, Soundflower does not work on 10.15 - you can’t stream sound even when checking Microphone.
Note: Remote connections cannot work at the Mac login screen with Mac Streamer v18.104.22.168 and macOS 10.15 - fixed in Streamer v22.214.171.124.
For Mac Streamer v126.96.36.199 (available soon, internal v188.8.131.52 available by request), requires the same settings as above. Additionally:
- With Mac Streamer v184.108.40.206/v220.127.116.11, there is a helper upon new Streamer installations which guides users to check these four options. This helper will not pop up in upgrade cases (there is a badge button on 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124 streamer UI to manually open the helper).
- Soundflower works to provide audio streaming with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Remote access can connect at the login screen with macOS 10.15 Catalina.