- Requires client app purchase/download/installation from specific app stores. (http://www.splashtop.com/downloads)
- iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch: Apple App Store
- Android tablet/phone: Google Play
- Kindle Fire tablet: Amazon
- Mac Book Pro/Mac Book Air/iMac/Mac mini: Mac App Store
- PC/NB running Windows : Splashtop website
- Requires streamer app download/installation onto Mac/PC (http://www.splashtop.com/streamer/download).
- Need to create a Splashtop account (from the client app or Streamer).
- Need to log in to your Splashtop Account at least one time before making a local connection.
- Need to enable Anywhere Access Pack for your Splashtop Account before making a remote connection.
- More information here: http://support-splashtop2.splashtop.com/forums/20892842-installation
The first screen to appear after launching the client application (not counting the First Time Wizard), is the Computer/Streamer list. This screen will show all computers that have the Splashtop Streamer installed and are currently logged in to, with the same Splashtop Account.
For each computer/Streamer in the list, the Edit icon to the right of the computer allows you to change the resolution options of the connected computer. Choices are:
- 800 x 600
- 1024 x 768 — this is the best-fit resolution for an iPad, but may affect the icon and window sizes on the actual computer.
- "Native Resolution" does not change the computer resolution, so there are no icon/window side affects. However, the display will appear smaller on the client.
- Requires Splashtop Account and login.
- Requires Anywhere Access Pack enabled (needs to be purchased if not enabled).
- The Splashtop Streamer icon on the app will have a small "satellite icon" on it, if this computer is in a different network. Clicking on it will prompt an In-App-Purchase message with two options (1-month or 1-year) if you did not purchase it yet.
- Keyboard — tap on the Keyboard icon near the bottom right corner of the screen
- Left-click — one-finger tap
- Right-click — one-finger tap and hold
- Trackpad mode (mouse-like interface) — 2-finger tap
- Window scroll — 2-finger drag up/down
- Desktop pan — 3-finger drag up/down/left/right
- Advanced options — tap on '^' icon; or a 3-finger tap (options may vary on different client devices)
- Orientation Lock
- Sharp/Smooth modes — High resolution, low frame rate / Low resolution, high frame rate
- Trackpad mode
- Multi-monitor — Change monitor displayed on client
- Arrow pad — A virtual arrow pad
- Additional information is here.