The Gmail Account and its related password/security code is used in conjuction with the old Splashtop v1.x, for the purpose of remote connection using the Internet Discovery function. It does not work with Splashtop 2 (now known as Splashtop Personal). Users who are upgrading to Splashtop Personal will need to create a new Splashtop Personal Account. The account simply consists of an e-mail address (capable of receiving e-mail from Splashtop), and a password.
Here are some benefits for creating a Splashtop Account:
- Further features/subscriptions can be enabled by the account (but not enabled by each device).
- There is no need to utilize the Google Account service.
- There is no need to set the Security Code anymore.
- Simply create an account without any activation involved. It's the only "configuration" you need.
- If necessary to reset your password someday, you can do so receiving e-mail from us, sent to your Splashtop Account's e-mail address.
- Multi-device support – Upgrade on one device, and enjoy the same benefits on all your other Splashtop devices.
See also the topics entitled What is a Splashtop Account? and What can I do if I get a "Wrong Password" error message?.
NOTE: A Splashtop Account is totally owned by Splashtop Inc., and all paid features including Anywhere Access Pack will be identified by this account. It is:
- Valid for several Splashtop Streamer and Splashtop Personal (Splashtop 2) clients. Apply one time for multiple Streamers/Clients.
- NOT the Apple-ID that you registered in Apple.
- NOT the account you registered for on this Splashtop Personal / Splashtop 2 Support site.
- NOT the Google service account (e.g.: Gmail) you used in Splashtop Remote Desktop for the Internet Discovery feature.