There are several authentication types in existence for Proxy server. Currently, Splashtop Streamers and Win client only support the Basic authentication (partially support NTLM). The following list may help you to determine why Splashtop doesn't work in your proxy networking.
- Basic authentication (supported)
- NTLM (supported starting from Streamer for Windows v22.214.171.124 or later)
- Passport (not supported)
- Digest (not supported)
- Kerberos (not supported)
I. Win Streamer:
PROXY has been supported since Streamer v126.96.36.199. If your computer connects to a network with a Proxy server, please specify the settings in the Splashtop Streamer in the Settings tab (or in the Advanced tab if using v188.8.131.52 or higher) accordingly.
This is the mapping table for Proxy settings between Win Streamer and IE/Control Panel for your reference.
|Auto||Auto or none|
* If 'Manual' is selected, please also enter the IP / Port / User ID / Password for the Proxy server.
II. Mac Streamer:
Proxy settings for the Mac Streamer are a bit different from the Win Streamer. Please click the Change settings button in the Advanced tab of the Mac Streamer v2.3.x or later. This will bring up the related Network window (for Wi-Fi or LAN) as shown in the sample illustration below. Enter the proper IP / Port / User ID / Password, if your proxy server is not Automatic Proxy Configuration.
Please consult your IT person if you don't know what options to choose or what settings to enter in the Network window.
You will be required to specify the location of the proxy configuration file in the URL field indicated below, if you use Automatic Proxy Configuration.
You will be required to enter the proper IP address, port number, User ID, and password, if you use Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) as indicated in the illustration below.
III. Win client:
Splashtop 2 (Splashtop Personal) for Win client uses a different method of handling a proxy-enabled network environment. It leverages the Proxy settings in Internet Explorer or the Control Panel. So, if you can't log in with your Splashtop account in an Internet-connected environment with the Splashtop 2 (Splashtop Personal) Win client, please confirm that the Proxy settings in Internet Explorer or the Control Panel have been properly set up or disabled.
1. Here are two ways to find the Proxy Setting dialog in Windows:
a) Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings
b) Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings
2. Click the Advanced button to open another Proxy Settings dialog box.
3. Fill in the proper IP address and Port info, and then enable "Use the same proxy server for all protocols" as indicated in the illustration below.
4. Make sure the information you have entered is displayed in the Proxy Settings dialog box like the example below.
5. The current Splashtop 2 for Win clients (v184.108.40.206) still doesn't support Automatically detect settings. So, please manually input the proper proxy settings, if your IE/Control Panel makes this option "Automatically detect settings" enabled.
NOTE: If your network environment doesn't use any Proxy server, please make sure the related settings (as indicated in the illustration below) are all blank. Sometimes, you may forget to disable these settings, especially when moving your laptop back and forth between home (without proxy) and work (with proxy).