We at Splashtop have optimized our products for users who have a NVIDIA GeForce/Quadro graphics card in their computer and/or a Tegra 2 CPU in their tablet. What this translates to is higher frame rates and lower lag time that will lead to a better experience for all remote desktop usages, especially multimedia. Users will notice that their videos, movies, games, and other graphic-intensive content will be even more lag-free and smoother.
- GeForce 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 series notebook or desktop GPUs with at least 512MB FB.
- Currently does not support Optimus configurations.
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics started to support SLI since driver v310.70.
Driver / OS requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows 8 32-bit, or 64-bit.
- NVIDIA driver 275.33 and later.
- Higher frame rate.
- Lower lag time.
- Play games or use applications in full screen.
How to enable it:
- Download the attached registry file.
- Right click on it to execute it as an administrator.
- Restart the streamer or reboot the computer.
- Then the feature will be activated.
- Only supports single display configurations (one monitor).
- 'Blank screen' option should be disabled.
- Will not re-direct protected content playback on the PC.
- If you get a black screen by enabling this feature, please disable it to work around the issue. Here are the steps to disable it:
a. Execute regedit.exe on the computer with the streamer installed.
b. Double-click on it to execute it. (This step may trigger a confirm dialog box by the system; click Yes to execute if it pops up.)
c. Search registry key "EnableNvFBC". Then change the value of the key to "0".
d. Exit Splashtop Streamer by right-clicking on the icon in the System tray. Then launch the Streamer again from the Start menu. (Re-booting the computer can produce the same effect.)
e. Try to connect again and see if the "black screen" issue is gone.
- If SLI is enabled, this will conflict with GeForce optimization. Please remember to disable SLI when GeForce optimization is enabled. (Updating the driver to 314.07 or above may help.)
- If SLI is enabled, this will prevent Splashtop THD from being able to play games/movies in full-screen mode. Please disable SLI if you want to play games/movies in full-screen. (Updating the driver to 314.07 or above may help.)
- During our usage cases, we found that enabling or disabling SLI did not require a computer re-start. However, if a re-start is requested in your case, please share the details about this with us regarding your system info (for example Win7/Vista, 32/64 bits, etc.).
- If your system is equipped with dual displays like Intel+NVIDIA, NVIDIA is usually not the primary display. Please disable Intel display from BIOS or its utility program, and connect NVIDIA with a proper cable (usually HDMI). In this way, you may get the optimization working on your Streamer.