We released version 3 of our Windows and Mac streamer back in August 2015. The new version is a major re-architecture and vastly improves connection reliability. The new streamer supports Splashtop Personal, Splashtop Business, and Splashtop Classroom. We encourage you to upgrade to it and let us know your feedback.
When you download the streamer from www.splashtop.com, you'll be getting version 3 of the streamer.
Improvements in v3 streamer
- Truly runs as a service on Windows and Mac
- No more session disconnects when logging in, logging out, or switching user
- Reliable connectivity to a Windows Server's console session
- Supports Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- No duplicate entries of the same computer on the computer list
- Better protection against streamer modifications by non-admin users
- Supports authentication with Windows and Mac OS credentials via API (Splashtop Business only)
- Supports new features in Splashtop Business such as remote print, disconnect session, etc.
- Various bug fixes
(More background info on the v3 streamer)
With all that said, there are some reasons to continue using the old v2 streamer:
- You are using our gen-1 apps such as Splashtop CamCam, Splashtop Whiteboard, and gen-1 Splashtop Remote Desktop app which let you use your Google account to connect across the Internet.
- Users with standard (non-admin) user accounts need to be able to configure the streamer and log in with their own Splashtop credentials.
- You don't have Splashtop Business but you do need to require the Windows or Mac user name and password upon connection.
Here are the download links to get the v2 streamer:
- Windows streamer v22.214.171.124: https://db.tt/lHsJ6e4J
- Mac streamer v126.96.36.199: https://db.tt/T2ByBFJc
If your Mac is running Mac OS X 10.6, please see this link.