Please install a virtual driver on your target computer to reach the requirement to:
- View your iPad as a third monitor to your system. (Which means you already have a secondary monitor physically plugged.)
- Use Extended Wireless Display 2 to build remote connections even there is only one physical display on your system.
Please follow steps below to install virtual driver for Extended Wireless Display 2:
- Install Streamer for Windows v2.5.5.x or later version on your target computer.
- Please go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\Driver\STVideo" to install driver (Please right click on the install file and select "Run as administrator" before installing):
a. Please run install.bat on Windows Vista or XP system.
b. Please run installWin7.bat on Windows 7 32 bits system.
c. Please run installWin7_64.bat on Windows 7 64 bits system.
- Reboot your computer.
- Build remote connection with Extended Wireless Display 2, it should work.
- The feature triggered by installing virtual driver supports both Extended Wireless Display 2 and XDisplay.
- Windows 8 or later version OS is not supported yet.
- Mac OS is not supported yet.
- It is just a beta feature, and the driver might crash your Streamer or computer, if encountering so, please go to Control Panel-> Device Manager-> Display adapters to remove Splashtop Virtual Video then restart your computer.