Reminder: "Splashtop 2" is now known as "Splashtop Personal."
By popular demand, starting with Splashtop Personal/Splashtop v2.1.x, we've brought back a highly-requested feature known as "Local Mode." Local Mode is used for automatically finding the computers (that have Streamers installed) within the same network. Now, when using Splashtop Personal/Splashtop v2.1x (just as with the older Splashtop v1.x versions), you will be able to use this feature directly in a closed network, and you will not be required to log in with a Splashtop Account. Please follow the instructions below to enable and use it.
NOTE: Local Mode is for iPad only, because all iPad users have been converted to Splashtop Personal (Splashtop 2) and no longer have access to such functionality that was in Splashtop 1.
1. In the Streamer, you can only create a security code in the Security tab (shown below) or the Others tab and leave all other settings as default or empty. (Example illustration below is using Windows Streamer v22.214.171.124.)
2. On the iPad, log out of your Splashtop Account on the iPad (if currently logged in).
3. Click the "I want to use Splashtop 2 in a closed network" link at the bottom (indicated in the illustration below) to enter Local Mode.
4. After entering Local Mode, you will see all available computers within that network listed. Click the "Edit" button (at the right side, as indicated in the illustration below) to change the resolution option used by iPad.
5. If you don't see any computers listed automatically, but you know there should be, you can also add them manually as follows:
a) Click the icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
b) Select Add Computer, as indicated below.
c) Manually type the data for the following three items:
- In the IP Address field, type the computer's IP address. (If you don't know what it is, you can get it from the "Advanced" tab in the Streamer dialog box.)
- The behavior of the Security Code field is the same as it was in Splashtop v1. This is the code defined in the "Security" tab(for Streamer v126.96.36.199 or above) or "Others" tab(for Streamer v188.8.131.52 or less) of the Streamer dialog box. If you leave it empty here, you will be asked to input the Security Code every time you attempt to connect. You can also input the security code here to get a direct connection, without being asked for a security code when you want a connection.
- The Port field already contains a default number, and we recommend that you do not change it. However, if you need to use a port number different from the default value, you do have the option to enter it manually here. NOTE: Remember, the two subsequent port numbers will also be used. For example, if you enter 6800 in the Port field, then ports 6801 and 6802 would also be used.
d) Click the Add button.
6. Repeat Step 5c above for each computer to which you may want to connect (IP Address, Security Code, and Port).
NOTE: After an IP address has been added, you cannot edit it again. You would need to delete it and then add a new one if necessary. To delete an added computer, just hit the icon in right end side; then click the Delete button to remove it.
7. Whenever you want to go back to "Splashtop account mode," please click the Exit button.