Reminder: "Splashtop 2" is now known as "Splashtop Personal."
Starting with Splashtop Personal/Splashtop v2.1.x, we brought back a highly-requested feature known as "Local Mode." Local Mode is used for automatically finding the computers (with Streamers installed) within the same network. Now, when using Splashtop Personal/Splashtop v2.1x, you will be able to use this feature directly in a closed network, and it doesn't required log in with a Splashtop Account. Please follow the instructions below to enable and use it.
NOTE: Local Mode is for iPad only, because all iPad users have been converted to Splashtop Personal (Splashtop 2) and no longer have access to such functionality that was in Splashtop 1.
1. On the Streamer, you can only create a security code in the Security tab and leave other settings as default or empty.
2. Log out of your Splashtop Account on the iPad if you're currently logged in.
3. Click the "I want to use Splashtop in a closed network" link on the bottom to enter Local Mode.
4. After entering Local Mode, you will see all available computers within that network listed. Click the "Edit" button (on the right side of the computer) to change the resolution option used by iPad.
5. If you don't see any computers listed automatically, but you know there should be, you can also add them manually as follows:
a) Click the "+" icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
b) Manually enter the data for the following three items:
- In the IP Address field, type the computer's IP address. (you can find it on the "Advanced" tab in the Streamer dialog box.)
- The behavior of the Security Code field is the same as it was in Splashtop v1. This is the code defined in the "Security" tab or "Others" tab(for Streamer v220.127.116.11 or less) of the Streamer dialog box. If you leave it empty here, you will be asked to input the Security Code every time you attempt to connect. You can also input the security code here to get a direct connection, without being asked for a security code when you want a connection.
- The Port field already contains a default number, and we recommend to remain it as default. However, if you need to use a port number different from the default value, you do have the option to enter it manually here.
NOTE: The two subsequent port numbers will also be used. For example, if you enter 6800 in the Port field, then ports 6801 and 6802 would also be used.
c) Click the Add button.
6. Repeat Step 5c above for the computer you wish to connect to (IP Address, Security Code, and Port).
NOTE: IP address is non-editable, if you wish to change it, you'll have to delete the computer first and then re-add it back. To delete an added computer, just hit the icon on the right end side of the computer; then click Delete Computer.
7. For starting normal session with internet connection, please click on gear icon on the upper right corner of the interface, and select Exit local mode.