For remote access usage, you may want to blank the host/streamer computer monitor so others cannot see what is happening when you connect with Splashtop.
First open Splashtop Streamer from the Start Menu on Windows (All Programs -> Splashtop Remote -> Splashtop Streamer). Then click on the "Security" tab.
Windows 8 and newer OS
Please click on the "Install Driver" button to install a driver that will basically turn off the monitor so nothing is shown on the host/streamer computer. The button changes wording to "Uninstall Driver". (May require a reboot to complete the driver install)
- DPMS BIOS/video driver support required (Surface 3 may not support) (See note blow)
- May not be able to adjust screen brightness - uninstall driver to resolve
Windows 7 and older OS
The driver is not supported and there are known default blank screen limitations.
- UAC (User Account Control) dialog nullifies the blank screen when it pops up
- Changing resolution, switching monitors, or switching desktops shows the screen on the host/streamer computer during the transition for a couple seconds.
On Mac, open Splashtop Streamer from the Applications folder or from the dock. Then click on the "Security" tab.
Limitation: The mouse shows on host/streamer computer.
1. Video driver update on Windows.
2. BIOS update for Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 10GS.