NOTE: "Splashtop 2" has been renamed to "Splashtop Personal."
Whether you are a brand new user, or a previous Splashtop 1.x user, here is some important information you should know before using Splashtop Personal (Splashtop 2). This info will help you make a decision whether it would be better for you to upgrade immediately to Splashtop Personal, or to wait.
- What is a Splashtop Account? It's a different account from any you had ever used before with Splashtop; please click here for more detailed info.
- If you are not an iPad user, or if you are not using the Splashtop Remote Desktop app for iPad, you can choose not to update to the new Streamer v18.104.22.168 (or above) for Windows or Mac. Or, if you do want to update to the new Streamer v22.214.171.124 (or above) here are the simple instructions to set it up. Actually, it can fix the previous app crash issue when attempting to connect via Gmail. (Need to update both app and Streamer.)
- If you were previously using Splashtop to connect just within a local network, and your computer won't ever have a chance to connect to the Internet, please don't upgrade to Splashtop Personal at this moment. The current behavior of Splashtop Personal would require you to log in to the Splashtop server at least ONCE. We are working on the solution. (A new solution to use 'Local Mode' in v126.96.36.199+ can act as a workaround.)
- If your Internet connection is always via proxy, please update your Windows Streamer to v188.8.131.52 or above. We started to support proxy since v184.108.40.206, please fill in the necessary info in the Streamer/Settings tab (Proxy settings including proxy type/server IP/user ID/password...).
- If you would really rather not create a new Splashtop Account and register it on our Splashtop server, then please do not upgrade to Splashtop Personal (because each time you use Splashtop Personal, it would be necessary to be logged in using the new Splashtop Account).